Data privacy and cookies policy
INFORMATION VERIAN GROUP COLLECT FROM YOU
Verian Group ("Verian" or "We")
This policy sets out the basis on which we process personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us on www.veriangroup.com (“our site”).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We collect and process the following data on our site:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site
- Information you provide if you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data weblogs and the resources that you access as described in this policy.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We are required by law to explain the legal basis for using your personal data. The legal basis in each case is that we have your consent for the use of your personal data, or that we need to use your personal data in order to perform a contract with you, or that the use of your personal data is necessary for our (or third parties’) legitimate interests (in which case we will explain what those interests are). Where we use your personal data with your consent or on the basis of legitimate interests, you have the right to withdraw your consent or to object to the processing of your data at any time.
We have listed below the ways in which we use your personal data:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (this is based on our legitimate interest in ensuring that our site is presented to you in the most effective way possible).
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (this is based on your consent, which you may withdraw at any time)
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (this is based on contractual necessity – we need to use your personal data to perform our contract with you).
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service (this is based on our legitimate interest in keeping you informed about changes to our service).
We may also use your personal data or permit selected companies to use your personal data on our behalf, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. This is based on our legitimate interest, in providing you with information about our goods or services.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is used to generate statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
The cookies we use are "analytical" cookies used by the Google Analytics external service. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the list below:
- Cookie: __utma - Name: Identity cookie - Expiry: 2 years Purpose: This cookie enables us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Cookie: __utmb - Name: Session cookie - Expiry: 30 minutes Purpose: This cookie enables us to identify you as a user between page loads. This allows us to remember certain settings.
- Cookie: __utmz - Name: Referral cookie - Expiry: 6 months Purpose: This cookie stores the referral used by you to reach our site (e.g. a website search, an advert etc). The cookie is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within our own site.
- Cookie: __utmx - Name: Optimiser cookie - Expiry: 2 years Purpose: This cookie helps determine the most effective design for our sites.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and/or stored outside your territory. It may also be processed by staff operating outside your territory who work for us or for one of our suppliers. If your personal data is transferred to, stored at or otherwise processed outside your country or territory, and that country or territory has not been recognised as providing an adequate level of data protection, we will put in place additional safeguards to protect your personal data, as required by applicable law. For example, if you are in the EEA, standard contractual clauses would be used if we process your data outside the EEA.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We have appropriate technological and organisational measures in place to protect your personal data and take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal data is processed securely. All information you provide us is stored in secure servers and environments. Unfortunately, no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to ensure our systems are secure.
All our third-party contractors, site service providers and employees are contractually obliged to follow our policies and procedures regarding confidentiality, security and privacy.
DATA STORAGE AND RETENTION
We keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we are using it. The period for which we keep your personal data will be determined by a number of criteria, including the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk from any unauthorised use or disclosure of the information, and our legal and regulatory obligations. Personal data that is no longer required will be disposed of in ways that ensure their confidential nature is not compromised.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal data to our subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Verian Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Verian Group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If we use a service provider or supplier to process your data (for example third parties who help administer our site or provide our services to you); however such third will only process this data on our behalf and service providers will only process personal data as data processors within the meaning of the GDPR, for the purposes we instruct them to.
- Verian Group does not sell personal data collected through this website (including any children’s personal data).
As a global business, Verian Group is committed to your privacy, and we are committed to our obligations under the data protection laws which apply in your region (such as GDPR or the CCPA).
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data (some of these rights apply only in certain circumstances, and some of them vary according to the legal basis on which we are processing your data or the territory you are located in):
- The right to ask whether we’re processing your personal data and, if we are, to find out details of that processing (as well as obtaining a copy of your personal data).
- The right to ask us to correct any personal data that we hold about you that’s inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to ask us to delete personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to object to how we’re processing your personal data, and to ask us to restrict how we’re processing your personal data.
- The right to have your personal data provided to you in a structured and commonly-used electronic format.
- You can also ask us to transfer your personal data directly to another company if that’s feasible.
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising the rights available to you under applicable data protection laws.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com. Please note, in some circumstances we may need to take steps to verify your identity prior to fulfilling your request.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing from us you can use the link or unsubscribe button provided in our email correspondence, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or you can use contact us options provided in our “our offices” section of this site.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you are not happy with the way we have processed your personal data, we’d like a chance to put that right.
Please contact us at email@example.com or in writing to Head of Compliance, 4 Millbank, Westminster, London, SW1P 3JA.
We will investigate all complaints and attempt to resolve them. If necessary, we will amend our policies and procedures to ensure that other individuals do not experience the same problem.
If you have any questions or comments, you may contact Verian Group’s Data Protection Officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Date created: [09 November 2023]
Last revised: [09 November 2023]